Friday, November 28, 2014

Dara Graces ELLE Magazine; 'Sophisticatedly Elegant'

Dara never fails to surprise us every time. Her recent participation in ELLE's Share Happiness campaign proved that she is as versatile as a chameleon when she appeared in a photoshoot that showed a different side of her we don't often get. We normally see her in outrageous styles befitting her image as a 2NE1 member but this time, she's decked in glamorous ensemble and classic make up that showed off her natural beauty and charm.

Here are her ELLE photos and the corresponding interview.







Interview:

PARK SANDARA

It doesn’t necessarily need to be big or larger than life. Sesame seed sharing is still real sharing, right.
It’s hard to believe in comfort whenever times are difficult. Doing a performance requires more than physical stamina that may leave you exhausted, I also need to be charged with the mood and the spirit. In fact, isn’t it more difficult to be a fan than to perform for a couple of hours? Not only jumping around to play, but waving arms, and screaming enthusiasticfally! It always appears as if the fans have an infinite amount of energy and they always show their support and love with the utmost sincerity of their hearts.
I just came back from a vacation, and it was the same taste of something sweet because it was a time when I needed a “real” vacation. I went to the Philippines, and I just came back from my trip yesterday (at the time of the photoshoot) morning. Every minute, every second was precious.
I think that what I can do is to share and give back a bit, nothing grandiose, it’s not necessary for it to be big or larger than life. Like sesame seed sharing, it becomes easier when you get to practice it more. In my case, I like to participate in charity cases as often as I change stage wardrobes. Taking a strange, stray cat on the street and raising it, helping out an animal that I noticed injured on the road and taking it to the hospital to be treated, or even a simple act as going to a performance or giving out tickets to friends who might miss a show. Although they’re nothing special, t’s simple acts like those, which I can do. They might be small, but I think I’m sharing and giving back in my own way.
I think I grew the most in 2014, I dreamed of having a transformation in 2015; 2014 is also the year when our new album was finally released, and we focused our minds and went on a global tour, which just finished recently, for 8 months. The goal for 2015 is “transformation.” As a member of 2NE1, I was always the one in-charge of “shocking transformation,” and recently, I made the first step as an actress (T/N: I think she meant the “Be Funny” skit with Steven Yeun) and I thought, “Can Sandara become calm, quiet, and sincere as well?” and when I heard that voice say that, my desire for transformation took on a different meaning.


BTS Video:

 


Bonus! B-cut photo.

Pretty pretty Dara!

A lot of fans reacted positively from her statement regarding "transformation for 2015". Many believe that Sandara Park is now finally taking her career to new heights. I am a fan myself so I am eagerly waiting for that 'transformation', Sandara Park! We will look forward to 2015 with much hope and excitement!
____________________________________________________________________________________________________

Source: ELLE KOREA
Translation credits: oh-dara.com

No comments:

Post a Comment